Whether you’re a content creator or a casual Instagram user, the ebb and flow of your follower count can spark curiosity. Seeing Who unfollowed you on Instagram?” is a question that crosses our minds each time our follower numbers shift.
Instagram, however, doesn’t provide notifications for unfollows. Fear not, though – discovering who unfollowed you on Instagram is not a daunting task if you follow the right steps.
Let’s delve into the methods to find out if your friends are still following you or not.
How to see Who Unfollowed You on Instagram 2023?
Manually Finding an Unfollower
The manual approach involves searching for a person’s name to confirm if they’ve unfollowed you. This method is a bit laborious but effective, especially if you have a specific name in mind.
- Log into the Instagram app on Android or iOS and navigate to your profile.
- Tap on the follower count at the top.
- Use the search bar to manually look for followers you suspect may have unfollowed you.
- If they don’t appear in the search results, it indicates they’ve unfollowed you.
You can also utilize these steps to locate and remove followers from your account. Search for an account and tap on “Remove” beside their name to unfollow them.
Third-Party App Method
For a more efficient approach, third-party apps can pinpoint exactly who unfollowed you on Instagram. FollowMeter (available on Android and iOS) is a reliable choice.
- After downloading FollowMeter, log into your Instagram account.
- The app will analyze your account and extract data.
- Tap on Unfollowers in your Profile Activity panel to see the list.
- You can also unfollow them directly from the app if you prefer not to see their posts and stories.
Remember, third-party apps lack Instagram’s official endorsement. Exercise caution, only download from official app stores, as malicious apps can compromise your Instagram account’s security.
Why You’re Losing Followers:
While it’s natural to wonder who unfollowed you, understanding the reasons can be equally important. Here are common causes:
- Paid Followers: Purchasing followers may result in a decrease as Instagram constantly deletes suspicious profiles.
- Account Blacklisting: Attempting to manipulate the system can lead to a “shadow ban,” hiding or deprioritizing your posts.
- Posting Habits: Find the right balance in your posting frequency to avoid overwhelming or underwhelming your audience.
Seeing who Unfollowed you on Instagram is a tough thing to discover. Keeping tabs on your Instagram unfollowers is manageable with either the manual method or the assistance of reliable third-party apps.
However, it’s crucial to prioritize the security of your Instagram account by being mindful of third-party app usage.
If you found this guide helpful, let us know in the comments. Additionally, if you ever feel your account security is at risk, change your Instagram password promptly using our step-by-step guide.
For those wondering if someone has blocked you on Instagram, we’ve got an easy guide for that too.